Friday, February 20, 2009

Another Watercolor


Another watercolor that I did last quarter. I had been unable to upload it before because it is looonnnggg and I had to scan it in and fiddle with it and yeah. I redid the pink floyd poster I did last year that some have seen, because I really... disliked it haha. I knew I could draw it better, paint it better, get it to look like I saw it in my mind. This one is definitely a lot closer. This painting was also the first time that I successfully used salt on the watercolors (I am inept).

I'm trying to draw influence and inspiration from Alphonse Mucha, one of my favorite artists. This was the finished product for the aging/crackle project for Don Rogers. It is watercolor (obv) with salt, coffee, aging varnish and crackle varnish. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment