Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beauty and the Beak- Finally Finished

As some or most of you know, one of my classes this past quarter was Book Illustration with Julie Lieberman. I wrote my own fairy tale, and illustrated all 32 pages of it myself.

The basic gist of the story is: An enchantress comes to a castle disguised as an old crone, and asks everyone in the castle for a material possession. No one obliges her except for the young princess. As punishment, the enchantress turns everyone who spurned her into a goose. In order to save them, the princess has to weave a blanket out of brambles and roses within a year's time, and she can't make a single noise while she's weaving. A handsome prince comes to visit one day and helps her finish the blanket in time. Yes, everyone lives happily ever after, and learns a lesson in the meantime, of course.

A lot of time, love, and frustration went into this book, and I learned a lot from it. It's hard to make an entire book in 9 weeks! I can finally say that I finished a story that I wrote as well haha. I've posted a slideshow of all the drawings and paintings below- check it out and let me know what you think. I know it's small, but the image quality doesn't carry into full screen mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment